Join Us to Increase Funding for National Conservation Lands.
Congress has an opportunity to increase funding for the Bureau of Land Management to properly manage National Conservation Lands–the public places America loves and needs that represent our nation’s natural, cultural, and outdoor heritage.
The budget process will be long and we've already taken the first step of sending letters and emails to U.S. House of Representatives asking them to sign a House letter supporting funding increases for the National Conservation Lands!
The next step will be making sure this funding is included in the outcome of the House Interior Appropriations Subcommittee hearing, which hasn't been scheduled yet.
By properly funding the care and management of the National Conservation Lands, we will:
- Create more jobs within the Bureau of Land Management to improve public lands management
- Inventory, monitor and protect Indigenous and other cultural resources
- Restore fish and wildlife habitat after years of neglect
- Improve visitor experience, recreational infrastructure and rural economic recovery
- Reclaim degraded lands and waters for climate change mitigation
You can help shape the future of America’s public lands by signing up to get updates for the next call to action!