Protect the future of National Conservation Lands!
Congress has an opportunity to increase funding for the Bureau of Land Management to properly manage America’s system of National Conservation Lands, which represent our nation’s natural, cultural, and outdoor heritage. We’ve been working with the U.S. House of Representatives in the effort, and now it’s time to engage our Senators.
By properly funding the care and management of National Conservation Lands, we will be able to:
- Inventory, monitor and protect Indigenous and other cultural resources
- Improve government-to-government relations with Native American Tribes
- Support good-paying jobs in Western states and rural communities
- Enhance proper management of lands and resources
- Improve the visitor experience
The budget process will be long and the next step is to send an email to your U.S. Senator(s) asking them to sign the Senate letter supporting funding increases for the National Conservation Lands by Monday, June 21!