Friends Of Pompeys Pillar
About Friends Of Pompeys Pillar
Pompeys Pillar Historical Association formed in 1989 and was instrumental in the designation of the Pillar and the adjacent 52 acres as a National Monument in 2001. Since then, the Association helped fund a new Visitor’s Center, upgraded walkways, enhanced interpretive displays and sponsored increasingly popular public education programs. In 2011, volunteers for the group invested more than 2700 hours working to protect this special historical landscape.
In 2013, the group changed its name to Friends of Pompeys Pillar National Monument in recognition that being known as “friends” would strengthen its ability to raise funds and mobilize visitors, donors and the general public on behalf of the Pillar and the National Conservation Lands.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 1989 to support Pompeys Pillar National Monument, which contains the last physical evidence of the Lewis and Clark Expedition of 1803-1806. Our mission is to preserve and protect the monument.